30 years of EXPERIENCE
Daniel S. Digby was born in Wurzburg, Germany and attended public schools and DoD schools in Georgia and Kentucky. Daniel graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law and is licensed to practice in Georgia. Prior to law school, Daniel graduated from the University of Georgia Henry W. Grady School of Journalism and Mass Communication and worked as a staff writer for a daily newspaper.
Daniel began his legal career in private practice representing creditors in the United States Bankruptcy Courts. Since then Daniel has represented individuals, large and small businesses, and local governments and authorities in transactional, litigation and administrative matters. Daniel has over 30 years’ legal experience, including over 17 years as a Judge Advocate (JAG) officer in the United States Army Reserve. In addition to his civilian and military law practice, Daniel is active in several community organizations.
Daniel resides in the Olde Town Conyers historic district with his wife Deborah and 2 children.
- Private practice 1989-1998
- Senior Assistant County Attorney, DeKalb County Law Department, Decatur, Georgia 1999-2001
Community Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Rotary Club of Conyers (Past-President 2009-2010)
- Member, Board of Directors, Trees Conyers, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, Olde Town Conyers Neighborhood Association
- Member, city of Conyers SPLOST Committee
- Vice-Chair and Chairman, Conyers Downtown Development Authority (2005-2018)
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
Juris Doctor (J.D.) – 1989
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (A.B.J.) – 1986
- State Bar of Georgia, 1989
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Georgia
- United States Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Professional Affiliations, Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Lieutenant Colonel, Judge Advocate General’s Corps, United States Army Reserve
- Member, Board of Governors of State Bar of Georgia , June 2018 to present
- Member, State Disciplinary Board, State Bar of Georgia, June 2018 to present
- Rockdale County Bar Association
925 Railroad Street NW
Conyers, Georgia 30012
M-F: 9am - 5pm
Telephone: (770) 760-1771